Archive for the ‘Me and my life’ Category
Hi, Saturday 22 I’d had a crash with my motorbike. A man in a car changed his lane and I cannot was able to dodge it. The result was a fall to the ground without any serious damage for me and my girlfriend (a lot of contusions for both), thanks to our equip; but the bike was not well, probably the chassis is deformed and there are a lot of other issues (like front suspension, radiator and many parts). I’m sad for it but happy for our skin and bones .
Here a lof of crash’s and bike’s photo.
in the last months I was very busy and the time for blogging was not so much, so now I force myself to write a little resume:
- from May I work with HippoCMS, this is a Cocoon based CMS and use WebDAV (Slide) for content’s storage. After this time working on it I can say that the product is good and simple, optimal for a non-too-much-complex site and with a good and friendly user interface.
- during August I work for a little project in RoR; I never wroted any ruby line before that and the curiosity for this framework was very high. After all my impression is that RoR is a really good framework for creating little site with many CRUDs, but the sintax not make me enthusiast and the not so strictly rules put a lot of confusion into my brain.
- for my holiday I was in Sharm el Sheikh, the travel was not expansive (yeah, a really last minute on the web), I made many snorkeling sessions and it was really, really, really spectacular. I hope to came back there sooner or later.
- this year the annual CocoonGT was made in Rome, the venue was the wonderful Bioparco, that was a funny week and many thanks go to the main promoters (Sourcesense, Semeru, Hippo). Here you can browse some photo.
- in the last 3 weeks I cannot browse anymore my photo album, I receive a strange Fatal Error by php but I cannot see any error into the logs. My provider does not support me so much and I don’t have so much time to investigate furthermore.
Powered by ScribeFire.
Yes, I know, I don’t blog from a lot of time, but in the last months I don’t have much time…
From 15th January I was in Lugano for follow an interesting project based on Cocoon framework with a very nice AJAX client.
During this project I tried to port some flowscript to Javaflow, but in Cocoon 2.1 the Javaflow implementation is not complete and the are some boring issues. So the porting was put in pause, waiting for a official 2.2 release.
In the meanwhile we need some features like the possibility to load some selectionlist values into CForms widgets during the bind (not at declaration time). For this I wrote two components that during the bindLoad() phase load into the widget the model’s collection
<fb:selectionlist-value id=”l-country” path=”detail/country/id”>
<fb:selection-list path=”allCountries” value=”id” label=”name”/>
I think that this can be a common issue, so I will clean the code and contribute it.
I’ve been tagged by Gabriele, so I cannot regrets from it.
1. About ten years ago I was usually to play piano and church organ.
2. In the past I runned at some dancing race (rumba, cha-cha, walzer and quickstep), with a good results (many first position).
3. When I was a child, I want to became a Pope!!!
4. I don’t own a car, I only owned some 2-wheel vehicles (Aprilia Scarabeo 125, Honda CB 500, Kawasaki Z-1000 and Honda Dominator 650).
5. In the last year I spent many of my free time to play with World of Warcraft.
Yep, I came back to the office
My vacations in the Rodi Island are ended, I’m very tired but very happy.
- finally this morning Fastweb bring me the internet connection after 3 months of call to customer care.
- I’m looking for partecipate to this Cocoon GetTogheter.
- I hope to upload the vacation’s photo soon, we made also a video, but probably I’ll upload only some parts of it.
Finally I’m on vacation.
Saturday 19 I leave Milano to come here in Padova, monday 21 I was in CanevaWorld, instead of a relax day it was a stressful but amusing day . Yesterday we go with our motorbikes on the Monte Grappa, here there is a monument in the memory of the Great (15-18) War’s soldiers: the Gavotti gallery; this gallery is 5km deep, and it is completely dark, the only light are the artificial lights. When we are inside, at the 6pm the light are turned off, and we have catch up the exit only with the light of our mobile phone . In some cases the tecnology is useful! Here there is some photo, the best is the Silvia’s face… a remake of The Blair Witch Project .
Tomorrow we leave for Rodi Island, a full week of relax (I hope).
Wait a week and you will get the response.
YES! YES! YES!
We are the winner of the FIFA World Cup 2006.
I see the match with Filippo, Giandomenico and Deysy in Lissone, in front of the city house.
Yup, I know… in the last month ther’s no posts. I’ve some thing to write, but no time to do it.
So, It’s time to force me to take this time.
- 05 June, this is the date! From this day my life take a turn (good or not… boh!), I’ll live in Milano.
- Luca has finally released Roma, an interesting framework with some nice ideas. I’m trying to write some test for the domain persistence, the work is done, but I must clear the code and contribute it… Damn! No time! BTW the comunity has started: some posts in the list, contributed docs in the wiki and so on, the start is not bad, wait for the release 1.0 .
- GWT (aka Google Web Toolkit): google has released this framework for quickly development of AJAX based web application. This has produced many noise in the web, a lot of people are not very enthusiasmed from this, and their tecnical reason are valid, obviously are points of view. IMHO GWT will not have a good future, at least not in this version.
- in my actual project, I’m working with cocoon framework, it has a tons of nice features, but IMHO it suffers the age of the code. The developers are doing a good work to try to make it more “usuable”, and the imminent mavenized release (2.2… 2.3… ?) should be a first step in this way. However it’s not sufficient, we need a lighter framework, without any dependencies with the obsolete Avalon/Excalibur and I’d like to see all blocks with their separate lifecycle and the possibility to use they in different framework. All this was already discussed from developer’s comunity, many of their have different vision on this… I hope to see a new and cool version of cocoon early, begins to be hard to “sell” cocoon to other developers or customers .
dopo la prima gara aziendale l’altra sera siamo tornati a farci un’altro GP presso HolyKart, pista al coperto ben attrezzata con possibilità di organizzare veri e proprio gran premi con tanto di prove libere e qualifiche.
Anche questa volta il vincitore è Luca Garulli, io mi sono piazzato 2° davanti ad Alfio.
Potete trovare un po’ di materiale fotografico qui, a presto le foto del podio e i filmatini.